NOTE: This is a PDF Sewing Pattern and NOT a physical product. After purchase, you will receive links via email to a digital instruction booklet and pattern files that you can download and print at home. A copyshop file is also included with your purchase.
See the FAQs for more information on file delivery, pattern printing, and more.
US sizes 0-30 Click here for sizing and yardage requirements.
The Cozi Jacket is a lightweight zip-up jacket with an oversized, slightly cropped fit, dropped shoulder and large patch utility pockets on the front bodice. This is the perfect wardrobe staple for maximum layering comfort. Wear it with leggings and a t-shirt for cozy work-from-home practicality. Or pair it with your favorite jeans and sneakers for that effortless athleisure-chic style.
VERSION A features a funnel-neck collar and elasticated sleeve cuffs and hem band.
VERSION B features a drawstring hood and wide sleeve and bodice hems.
TECHNIQUES COVERED IN THIS PATTERN:
Installing a zipper
Techniques for sewing with knits + wovens
- Installing elastic
This jacket can be sewn in both knit AND woven fabrics.
If sewing with knit fabric: medium weight* stable knits with moderate to low stretch such as faux sherpa fleece, sweatshirt fleece, bouclé, and French terry are ideal.
If sewing with woven fabric: medium weight* (7 to 10 oz.) fabrics such as cotton twill, denim, linen, and pre-quilted** fabrics are ideal.
- *Lighter weight fabrics in both knits and wovens will produce a finished garment with less structure.
- **If using quilted fabric, it is recommended to size up by one to two sizes to accommodate additional loft.
- Separating jacket zipper, metal or plastic, #3 or #5 size recommended (see size chart for lengths per size)
- Single fold 1/2" (1.3 cm) bias tape, approx. 2 yards (~2 meters)
Version A only:
- 2" (5 cm) wide elastic (see size chart for lengths per size)
VERSION B ONLY:
- (2) 1/4" (6 mm) grommets (optional)
- Drawstring for hood, approx. 42" (107 cm) length
Click here for Finished Garment Measurements.
English with metric and imperial measurements provided.
PDF FILES INCLUDED IN DOWNLOAD:
Instruction Booklet, 23 pages
Print-at-home pattern (US Letter and A4), 37 pages(with size layers so you only have to print what you need)
Copyshop Pattern Files - A0 Size, 2 sheets (33.1”x 46.8” each)(with size layers so you only have to print what you need)
- Pages 14 & 18: instructions for making 1/2" wide single fold bias tape should start by cutting a 1" strip of fabric and folding the edges in by 1/4" to create finished width of 1/2" (diagram indicates a 2" wide strip of fabric and folding edges by 1/2", which is incorrect).